Elmira Dept. Of Community Development Offers Help To City Homeowners

Homeowners in the City of Elmira looking to make improvements to their homes but having difficulty with financing may be able to get some assistance.

Homeowners may be eligible to receive grants and/or low interest loans for necessary improvements to their homes under the federal Community Development Block Grant Program or the HOME Investment Partnership Grant. Rehab jobs include safety issues and Code violations.

Typical improvements may include roofs, windows, painting/siding, bathrooms/kitchens.

The programs are administered by the City of Elmira Department of Community Development to assist low/moderate income property owners to afford safe, decent and sanitary housing. Only homeowners in the City of Elmira are eligible for this program.

For more information, homeowners can call Suzie Rundell at (607) 737-5695.

Additionally, if you are a contractor interested in getting on the City ofElmira’s list of Active Contractors to be shared with homeowners pleasecall (607)737-5695 for eligibility requirements.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.