This morning, Chemung County Executive Chris Moss announced six appointments to the Chemung County Industrial Development Agency ( CCIDA ).
Moss has appointed five new members and re-appointed one member. The appointments will take effect immediately and will be forwarded to the Chemung County Legislature for ratification at their next regularly scheduled meeting. The appointees are:
- David J. Sheen, Chairman & Chemung County Deputy Executive
- Dawn Burlew, Director of Business Development, Corning Enterprises
- P. Michael Collins, Elmira City Manager
- Christina Sonsire, Partner at Ziff Law Firm & Chemung County Legislative Minority Leader ( 7th )
- Rodney J. Strange, Chemung County Legislative Majority Leader ( 15th District )
The CCIDA is a public benefit corporation of the State of New York. Industrial Development Agencies were formed by a special act of the State Legislature in 1972, and are governed by the New York State Industrial Development Act to provide financial incentives to projects that have positive economic impact on a community. The CCIDA was created in 1975 at the request of the county legislature at that time.